No announcement yet.

raising functional level windows 2008R2

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raising functional level windows 2008R2

i have question regarding raising my domain and forest functional level to windows 2008R2
    my environment.
    1- 2 DC windows 2008R2 with functional level windows 2003
    2- Exchange 2007 sp3 ccr
    3-there is trust releationship two ways with other domain that run windows 2003 R2 with functional level 2003
    4-Sharepoint 2007
    5-cisco vpn integrated with AD
    6-oracle application integrated with AD.

any impact if i upgrade my windows 2008 dc to functional level windows 2008r2.

Re: raising functional level windows 2008R2

Based on your description, I cant think of any concerns regarding the raising of the functional level. In reality, the purpose of the functional level is to control AD "features".

For example, when you raise the level, new features are "unlocked" and setting the newer level will prevent down-level domain controllers from joining. This is because the down-level DCs would not be compatible with the new features that were just unlocked.
    JM @ IT Training & Consulting

Re: raising functional level windows 2008R2

Assuming the Cisco and Oracle side are OK about it, no issues from Microsoft or the Trust areas
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **