Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GP Missing Options

Hi,

I am running a Win2k Domain but using XP Pro on my desktop. To get the adminpak to work on my desktop for remote admin I could not install the 2000 adminpak.msi. I installed the Win2003 adminpak but I am now unable to view any of the User Configuration/Windows Settings - on RIS appears. If I log on to a Win2k DC AD U&Cs then I can see all of the usual settings (IE Maintenance etc). I have exhausted google - please help!!!

Many thanks,

marrio!

As a workaround, use RDC to connect to the DC and do everything on there using Terminal Services in Admin mode

I know there have been issues with 2003 admin tools on a 2000 server but I dont have any fix.

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You will find the following KB usefull:
      http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;816662

Read it and try to understand from where the GP editor gets the ADM files.

The following KB is also a good reading (although not directly related):
      http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;316977
      Guy Teverovsky
      "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Thanks to you both - Ossian I am currently using this work around without any problems as I utilise KIX logon scripts heavily and need to access them regularly.

I will have a good look at the links on Monday and see if I can sort this out but thought that it was strange that I can not find any other documented examples of this anywhere on the internet (making me think it was my error!). Maybe it is an incompatability error?? If anyone else gets this problem - please let me know!

marrio!
        (great site Daniel)

Comment

Working...
        X