Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permission to run a software

Hi guys,

I installed a software on a laptop, the software needs administrator privilege to use, but the problem is i don't want to grant the administrator privilege to the user due to security concern. Is there other way to come around this?

The message is "You must be a member of the Administrator group to configure xxx applications."

Thanks in advance.
    Mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open!

Re: Permission to run a software

Originally posted by ususim View Post
    Hi guys,

I installed a software on a laptop, the software needs administrator privilege to use, but the problem is i don't want to grant the administrator privilege to the user due to security concern. Is there other way to come around this?

The message is "You must be a member of the Administrator group to configure xxx applications."

Thanks in advance.
    This is a bit tricky now. Giving admin privileges for only one application, will work in this case. Microsoft does not allow such scenarios but using some third party tool it can be done. I am not sure about any tool but I could go ahead and talk to my development team if it can be done with [MOD EDIT] STOP ADVERTISING YOUR BLOODY SOFTWARE [/MOD EDIT]. Hold on for some time on this. I will get back to you soon.

Thank you
    Last edited by Ossian; 6th April 2012, 13:48.

Comment

Originally posted by ususim View Post
      Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.
      You can do one thing, assign administrative rights to user for only one application.
      program files> application>right click>properties>security> select user and give the required permissions.

Hope it helps you.

Thank you

Comment

Tried that last week, still same.

Tried Lsrunase today, and then it is working now.
        Mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open!

Comment

Working...
        X