Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I export users from message restrictions in AD ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I export users from message restrictions in AD ?

Hi,

What Id like to know is if there is a way for me to export users in the Exchange General tab from the Message Restrictions field from an account in AD?

I attached a screenshot and circled the field I need exported.

This is in Exchange Server 2007.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: How do I export users from message restrictions in AD ?

Originally posted by Yankz23 View Post
    Hi,

What Id like to know is if there is a way for me to export users in the Exchange General tab from the Message Restrictions field from an account in AD?

I attached a screenshot and circled the field I need exported.

This is in Exchange Server 2007.

Thanks in advance.
    The attribute that contains the information you want is "authOrig". If you use CSVDE in a command line like:

csvde -s <domaincontroller> -f export.txt -l "authOrig"

You'll get an output file where you can search for the DL name and have the information you want.
    Hope it helps you.

Do update us again.

Thank you
    Anil

Comment

Re: How do I export users from message restrictions in AD ?

Originally posted by techmatrix View Post
      The attribute that contains the information you want is "authOrig". If you use CSVDE in a command line like:

csvde -s <domaincontroller> -f export.txt -l "authOrig"

You'll get an output file where you can search for the DL name and have the information you want.
      Hope it helps you.

Do update us again.

Thank you
      Anil

thanks for the reply.
      forgive me if i ask a silly question but how would i do this for specific accts ?
      we are a fairly large company so i couldnt just run that on the whole domain.

for example, if i go to the object tab of an acct to get the location of the acct in the Canonical name of object field, how can i use that to add to what you suggested below to get that info just for that acct.
      lets say i got this from the object tab of an acct:
      us.hsi.local/United States Users & Workstations/Some Company Inc./NYME/Groups/Distribution Lists/DL HSI All EMC Members

also will that output gave me just the names only ? id prefer that if possible.

thanks again for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X