Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password reset app

Greetings team,

I'm looking for an AD web base AP to allow my remote delegate user to reset or unlock or disable other AD users.
    is there a app you can recommend?

thanks,
    HN

Re: Password reset app

Which OS?
    2008R2 has a rather nice tool called Active Directory Administrative Center, which can be deployed to Win7 clients through RSAT
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...(v=ws.10).aspx

otherwise, RSAT/adminpak to deploy ADUC, possibly with a custom MMC:
    http://www.windowsitpro.com/article/...word-reset-mmc
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have mixed environment.. wink2k3/win2k8. We want some user friend app like web app which the delegate user can logon to the portal and perform the job.

do you have anything that you can recommend?

Thanks,
      HN

Comment

I'm afraid I don't, but my friend seems to have a few
        https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=we...BYnP0QXo5MSWDQ

Maybe someone with experience of one or two will turn up...
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Must it be a web-app? A simple solution would be to have a script on the desktop that when double clicked prompts the user for some input (e.g. the username of the account who's password you want to reset) and then offers some simple feedback as to whether or not the operation succeeded. Finding the script should be the easy part. The more difficult part will be configuring the user's permissions so that they can _only_ reset passwords and not create user accounts, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by grittyminder View Post
            Must it be a web-app? A simple solution would be to have a script on the desktop that when double clicked prompts the user for some input (e.g. the username of the account who's password you want to reset) and then offers some simple feedback as to whether or not the operation succeeded. Finding the script should be the easy part. The more difficult part will be configuring the user's permissions so that they can _only_ reset passwords and not create user accounts, etc.
            The script does sound interesting and cheap ..
            If the script allow me to let my user to reset password or disable the account then it would need my needs. I can take care the delegation part.
            do you have a sample script that I can use?

Thanks,
            HN

Comment

I don't have a script right now, but there should be plenty on the web.

That's what I did--do an on-line search and download a vbscript off the web. I then modified the script so that it could be used from the desktop (i.e. pop up messages and input boxes) and then added some error checking and a confirmation prompt (i.e. check that the user entered domain account name actually existed in the domain, grab the real name of the user associated with the account and display that information in a confirmation box, "Do you really want to delete so-and-so's account?"), along with feedback as to whether or not the password reset operation succeeded.

Comment

Originally posted by Humannetwork View Post
                Greetings team,

I'm looking for an AD web base AP to allow my remote delegate user to reset or unlock or disable other AD users.
                is there a app you can recommend?

thanks,
                HN
                I don't know about the scripts, but, LADSS does the same work. It is a web application and it allows users to reset passwords, unlock accounts, unlock accounts/reset passwords for coworkers, etc. It is a big feature list product. Also it can be customized according to your needs. [MOD EDIT]Links Deleted[/MOD EDIT]
                Hope it helps you.
                Do update us again.
                Thank you
                Anil
                Last edited by Ossian; 6th April 2012, 07:15.

Comment

I have a used a nice tool called AD Manager plus by a company called manage engine.

ww.manageengine.com/products/ad-manager/index.html[/url]

it is not free, but certainly makes AD role based security a lot easier.

Comment

Working...
                  X