problem with parent A.D and his child A.D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with parent A.D and his child A.D

I hope I found a solution for my problem here.
    I made a system state backup for parent A.D , After some days I made a child A.D for the parent A.D , But by mistake one of my team recver that system state. So now I have an A.D do not know anything about the child A.D

I know it is a big problem , Could someone help me with ??????

Re: problem with parent A.D and his child A.D

Unless you have a more recent backup and can recover the child domain, you will have to recreate it:
    1) blow away any existing child DCs (or force unDCPromo, but rebuild is better)
    2) recreate child DCs
    3) rejoin computers to domain
    4) SHOOT offending team member
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you Ossian

But I MUST recreate the child A.D ??
      There is no other solution to fix this problem without recreate child A.D ??
      I will think about Shooting my team member

Regards

Comment

I'm afraid not -- AD in the parent domain now knows nothing about the child domain, so it must be re-created.

With thought, you might be able to use ADMT (migration tools) to move computer and user accounts from the old child to the new child. Can you tell us how many users/computers / DCs are in the child domain.
        http://www.winvistatips.com/join-exi...n-t546744.html
        http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-df15996ae291/
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X