Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add addressbook ldap to AD

Hi,

I have a AD running on 2008r2. we have mainly linux servers besides this controller. I need a ldap address book to use with Roundcube and Thunderbird. The contacts in this address book have nothing to do with the user account in the AD.

Is it possible to add this ldap address book to our AD ? Do I need a different domain for this ? I was thinking of installing openldap on a Linux server, but since Windows has all the tools already running I was wondering if this is a wise decision.

Thanks

Re: add addressbook ldap to AD

If you check the Roles, you'll find an LDAP server role for your DC which isn't part of the AD Services role you already installed. Maybe that can do what you need, esp. if the LDAP contents are separate from your AD listing.
    *RicklesP*
    MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Re: add addressbook ldap to AD

I found it. It is called AD LDS and is indeed what I was looking for. It can run multiple instances on a single server.

I want to make the contacts in a Goldmine (CRM) mssql server available to a ldap for other users that use "normal" email programs. This will make programming the nightly conversion between the two easy

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X