user Rights windows 7 desktop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• user Rights windows 7 desktop

We are using an application which require a key.

With use log on it gives error for Pls enter registration key or you lost registration key

When we use this application with administrator log on its works. i logged on to particular desktop with user log on and executed Setup.exe using Run as option but it not works.

Then I installed same application with administrator log on and check with user log on it doesn't work

i shifted this User account in Power user group thts also not resolved my problem.

Re: user Rights windows 7 desktop

Where is the key located???

Comment

it is a 20 digit key which we need to mentioned while installation.

Comment

So where does the software store the key???

It sounds to me like the user needs rights to either a folder or a key in the registry somewhere.

Some investigation is going to be required by you to find out which.

Comment

It sounds as if the application is being installed for a specific user, not "all users"
          Is this an installation option?
          Have you checked with vendor support?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I suspect this is going into the HKEY_USER hive of the registry.

So you could talk to the vendor, as suggested, and they might be able to tell yu more info (So you could potentially move the relevant parts of the hive, although they'll then say that's in breach of terms and conditions or licence etc)

The other thing you could do is this:

1. Give the user full local admin
            2. logon as the user
            3. install the application.
            4. remove LADM
            5. run application.

see if that works.

another option would to use those sysinternals tools that tell you exactly what's being written/read to the registry and filesyste.
            run the installer as admin, work out what registry keys it needs to write to (if it's hkey_user see above) and then ensure that a non-priviledged user has access to write to those keys..
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

It sounds as if the application is being installed for a specific user, not "all users"
              Is this an installation option?
              Have you checked with vendor support?
              yes it s for only 1 user, i checked with vendor he suggesting to give full admin rights. this will work that is clear, but wht about the security if i give admin rights to An user !!!

4. remove LADM
              this steps are interesting but the above mentioned means after the installation a user should to move in prior state pls correct me.

on other side i will download the MS tool.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X