X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restrict A User Account

Hi,

My question is,

How to restrict a User Account To change only the mail attribute of the other user in the OU ???

I have a Organizational unit named as 'myOu' in which i have 3 user objects as follows :
    user1;user2;user3

now I wish to give the rights to user1 in 'myOu' to change only the mail attributes of other users (likely, user2;user3).

I tried through the security tab of 'myOu' and added the 'user1' in it, and also i gave the special rights through the properties tab in 'all decedent user objects' but its not working ..... ?????
    help me ???

Re: Restrict A User Account

Investigate the Delegation of Control wizard
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Investigate the Delegation of Control wizard
      Can you little bit elaborate the steps. What is the exact check box to provide that right to the user ???

please explain the exact steps plz

Comment

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ad+...GZS6hAfh5IGRBA
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Can you please read the original request raised from me...

I know these delegation process, my current request is to provide Email changing right alone to the particular user in the OU.

I tried with the following check boxes 'write phone and mail options;write Email (others)'
          but when try to login this user again the mail attribute is not enabled .... ?????

So Can anyone who works currently in AD please try this for me and send the Actual steps to provide this delegation ....

Thanks Anyways..

Comment

What version of Exchange are you using?

Here's a detained document of how to delegate control in an Exchange 2003 environment: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en....aspx?id=18442

For Exchange 2010 you use RBAC
            http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...HG.140%29.aspx
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
            X