Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 SBS Server, 2 Domians, 2 Exchanges

Hi

I am currently providing IT Support to a Client. The current Server Setup is as follows:

1 Windows SBS Server with Windows Server 2003
    DC for the Domain Name: Site1.com
    Running Exchange 2003 for the above domain Site1.

I would to add another domain and exchange server for Domain Name Site2 on the same server. Basically what the client wants is to keep the existing domain and also add another one on the same DC.

Is this possible to do so?

Re: 1 SBS Server, 2 Domians, 2 Exchanges

A domain controller can only be a member of, and be a domain controller for, a single AD domain. Does the client want another AD domain or do they want another email domain for Exchange? If it's the latter than you only need to add the new email domain to the appropriate Recipient Policy in the Exchange ESM.

Comment

Hi joeqwerty

Thanks for your response. The client wants another Domain and its corresponding Exchange Server as well.

What do you mean by "another email domain for Exchange".

Comment

I mean an email address, such as [email protected] and [email protected] could both be hosted by the same Exchange server.

Unfortunately, a DC can be a member of only one AD domain. You could install and configure another domain in the same AD forest, but I'm not sure how that "plays" with SBS.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
          Unfortunately, a DC can be a member of only one AD domain. You could install and configure another domain in the same AD forest, but I'm not sure how that "plays" with SBS.
          Badly!
          SBS is single domain/single forest with no trusts available.

Also Exchange is bounded by the forest, so two forests would be needed.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X