Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Providing Access to the Active Directory Users for Remote Login

Hi,

I am using Windows Server 2008. Which Contains Active Directory with Several Users and Computer objects. My computer are based on Windows XP Clients.

I can able to login my domain users in the Client machines physically it allows me to login. But the problem starts when I am trying to login these machines remotely that says following alert box :
    " The Local policy of this system does not allow you to login interactively"

For this i searched in google that tells me to configure remote users group in the local machine but that is not needed. I am in need of configure the domain users in Active-Directory itself to provide them Login remotely in any of my domain computers.

I have been searching for this for a 2 days but i can't able to get it ...

Please help me to fix this problem..

Thank you...

Re: Providing Access to the Active Directory Users for Remote Login

The domain users need to be a member of the local remote desktop users group on the machines that they need to access.

Comment

Hi georgeeye,

Thanks for your reply. Its is the thing i stated earlier. If i add "Domain Users" in the Local Remote Desktop Users group its working.

But According to Active Directory This is not a mandatory thing. Even my company machine is not having that "Domain users" in my local remote user's group. Even through i can remotely login in any of my domain computers.

So what i am looking is,

I need configure the Domain users in Active Directory itself to login remotely on my Domain Computers !!!!

SO send me any ways to configure that group in my AD Itself !!

I tried in "Builtin -> Remote desktop users" but its not working...

Comment

Put all client computer objects in an OU.
        Link a GPO to the ou and Add domain users group to the policy "Allow log on through Terminal Services" under: Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment (http://oreilly.com/pub/a/windows/200...e_Desktop.html)

Make sure "Remote Desktop" is enabled on the clients beforehand. (http://oreilly.com/windows/archive/s...e-desktop.html)

/Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Hi Sorry for the delay Its also not working. The same alert comes out with "Local Policies of the system does not allow you interactively"

Comment

Working...
          X