Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHCP of Windows & Wireless. Control IP distribution

Hi,

I have a Windows Server 2003 with DHCP Server distributing 192.168.2.11-192.168.2.200.

A Wireless Router with DHCP Server ( IP : 192.168.2.10) connect to the switch distributing IP Address from 192.168.2.41-192.168.2.51 for the Wireless computers.

But some wireless computers received IP address from Winodws Server 2003 DHCP Server, not from Wireless address range 192.168.2.41-192.168.2.51.

So how can I configure so that the computers using Wireless will get the IP addresses in Wireless address range ?

Thanks,
    Love in vain is better than love no one.

Re: DHCP of Windows & Wireless. Control IP distribution

Do you use Nortel/Cisco Access Point? If not you can use only one DHCP server in the network...
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Originally posted by yuval14
      Do you use Nortel/Cisco Access Point? If not you can use only one DHCP server in the network...
      Yuval ? how come ? all he has to do is to disable the DHCP relay or block the DHCP traffic from the LAN to AP.
      Guy Teverovsky
      "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Originally posted by nguyennp
        Hi,

I have a Windows Server 2003 with DHCP Server distributing 192.168.2.11-192.168.2.200.

A Wireless Router with DHCP Server ( IP : 192.168.2.10) connect to the switch distributing IP Address from 192.168.2.41-192.168.2.51 for the Wireless computers.
        Currently your WiFi router is configured as AP and not doing any routing. It acts as a simple bridge.

When it is configured as bridge, it will broadcast the DHCP requests to the whole internal LAN and your internal DHCP server might be quick enough to serve the DHCP request by wireless client.

Aither configure the device t oact as router, when the wireless clients receive IP addresses from another subnet (and configure appropriate routing between the subnets) or, depending on the features of the WiFi router, disable the DHCP traffic from the LAN to the AP.
        Guy Teverovsky
        "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for all the reply.

I am using Wireless Router of Lynsys.

I haven't experience on Wireless. Could you tell me how can I disable the DHCP traffic from LAN to AP ?

Should I disable DHCP Server on Wireless router so that the Wireless computers get the IP from W2K3 DHCP Server ?
          Love in vain is better than love no one.

Comment

Working...
          X