Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new password policy...

okay, this is a weird one.

this sunday, i am putting new password policy in place (2 days max), and will be manually unchecking a select group of users' "password never expires" box. this will force those users to change their password on tuesday. after everyone has changed their password, i will change the policy to 90 days, permanently. BUT...

what if some people are out of the office? if i change the policy to 90 days on wednesday, those people who were out of the office will not be forced to immediately change their password. but, if i leave it at 2 days for a while, some people will get REALLY annoyed at having to change their password every two days.

i am at a loss on how to make this happen. any ideas?

thx!

btw, this a w2k3 environment, if that helps/makes a difference. (although, the gc is 200.

Re: new password policy...

If you want to force a password change, why not use the "must change password at next logon" option -- at least thats what I think you are trying to do?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

see, i knew it'd be something stupid and obvious. i got into a mindset, and stayed there.

dumb question: does that box untick itself after the user changes his password?

thx, ossian, for all your help!

Comment

Yes, it definitely unticks!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

see, that's why i come here.

again, thx for unblinding and educating me!

Comment

Working...
          X