No announcement yet.

Restore AD in different Server

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restore AD in different Server

I can't boot my server due to unknow circumstances, but I have a system backup of AD, System Files, etc.

Is there a way of restoring just the AD onto another computer to bring the AD domain back?

I understand you need the same OS version and Service Pack, I'm trying to restore this backup to a virtual server in VMWare.

I already have done a restore but I get a blue screen, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

When you are restoring you cannot check/uncheck the options you want to restore like system files, AD, registry, sysvol, etc.

Saying this in other words, I need to gain access to the domain accounts on the xp clients, but I have a gpo setting the number of cached logons to zero.

Is there a way of installing a fresh new domain with the same name and getting the clients to autenthicate successfully?

I'm a little too much confused how to resolve this issue, any help will be great.

Re: Restore AD in different Server

Try Article 263532 on Microsoft site to see if it could help you.
    Love in vain is better than love no one.

The link for Article 263532
      Departed: 23rd December 2015

Thanks for the article, I tried the same procedure first without applying SP1 for SBS, second try was successful applying SP, The virtual machine booted up fine, I just need to verify AD is fine later this day because my backup virtual DC has the same name than the restored.