No announcement yet.

SBS2003 Cascade Effect Access Denied

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS2003 Cascade Effect Access Denied

This is a bit complicated, but have two servers. SBS2003R2 and Server2003R2x64 that were domain controllers.
    The internal network card ended up dying on x64, so dropped in a new one and reset the ip addresses. Then I was having this weird file access issue where x64 could not access certain files on sbs, but could access files right next to them, but could access the mystery file from other computers. I could not save files to shares on x64, but randomly, all logged in as the same user. I came to the conclusion that there was a trust issue between the servers. And since the Wins.exe disappeared and IE would no longer fire, I demoted x64 (Did not check last server in domain) and then ran the cd repair on it. Since then SBS AD won't launch. I get the following message with dcdiag
    The host 8614cxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx.msdcs.RFC.local could not be resolved to an IP Address. Check the DNS server, DHCP, server name, etc. Although the GUID DNS name (8614cxxx._msdcs.rfc.local couldn't be resolved, the server name (SBS.rfc.local) resolved to the ip address and was pingable. Check that the IP address is registered correctly with the DNS server.
    Down farther I get Warning: DcGetDcName(KDC_REQUIRED) call failed, error 1355 A KDC could not be located, all the KDCs are down.
    event log
    DNS - 4000 and 4013
    SBS is still listed as DC in active directory for rfc.local