Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Startup Problem after AD DS installation

Hi All,

I have installed windows server 2008r2 on my server. The next first thing I did was install AD DS role. The DNS was configured automatic during AD DS installation. I ran dcpromo.exe and AD DS role was role installed succesfully.

I haven't installed any other roles on the server.

But I am facing an issue, after restart my windows server is not starting up completely. I am getting a blank screen with a cursor. NO user Interface...

Can any1 plz let me know, am i missing some imp steps or any configuration or setting that need to be done before i can set up AD DS role?

Your help will be grately appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,
    Saleem

Re: Windows Startup Problem after AD DS installation

To be Honist, I would format and start again, you will only be wasting a few hours of work, and with something like this, you could spend hours "fixing" the problem only to have it come back in a few months time.

If you just start from sratch, then there is no chance of it coming back to hurnt you later in the life of the server.

Other then that, can you get to safe mode, Is this a blank screen AFTER the windows loading screen?

We need abit more info if you do want help, but I recommend starting again.

Wofen
    Good to be back....

Comment

Is this a physical server?

Comment

I'm with Wofen mostly here.

However, when you say you're just getting a black cursor, do you get the BIOS screens, and splash screens ?
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
        X