No announcement yet.

HELP - Multiple errors

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - Multiple errors

Here it goes. I have two domain controllers.

I don't know how to see which is the primary domain controller.

Server 1 doesnt have any log errors.
    Server 2 shows a lot of Userenv 1030 + 1058 (Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO)

Server 2 also shows red x in both Computer configuration and User Configuration when running rsop.msc.

Running netdiag on Server 2 shows DNS test: Failed (could not open file netlogon.dns for reading. No DNS servers have the dns records for the DC registered) and Kerberos test: Failed (Cannot lookup package Kerberos).

Under DNS I can see that both Server 1 and 2 are Active Directory-Integrated and replication is for all domain controllers in the Active Directory.

These errors are resulting in printing and network access issues.

Does anybody have any clues?

I'm not sure if i can just remove DNS server on server 2 or demote the domain controller. I don't want to fuck up the servers. My experience is limited.

Re: HELP - Multiple errors

With 2 DCs you can demote one and FSMOs should transfer automatically.
    Review this article for checking/moving FSMOs:

btw, what are the DNS settings on both servers -- worth a try fixing them.
    Assuming both have DNS installed, each should have itself as 1st DNS and the other as second
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: HELP - Multiple errors

Thanks for the respons. I set Server2 to point to itself as primary DNS Server. That didn't help though :-/

Any other suggestions?