Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory Copy

Hi

I have been tasked to install windows 2008 r2 Sp2 member servers into a domain.
    These member server will be running SQL 2008 r2. The customer is planning a VPN connection into their domain which is in another country.

My question is that can a W2k8 r2 domain controller be shipped down to me. I add the newly installed member servers to the domain using this shipped DC and configure my SQL service accounts to be domain accounts.

Once I am complete, the member servers and the Domain controller will then be sent back to the customer.

Will I encounter any problems, is this a viable solution if the customer cannot provide remote access to their domain.

Will the disconnected DC then sync all the new changes to the other domain controllers with any issues.

thanks
    Minesh

Re: Active Directory Copy

Just establish the VPN connection and join the servers to the domain using that
    Only issue is being able to resolve the DC at the remote site by NetBIOS and FQDN

But if you have several servers at the remote site, consider at least an RODC to provide domain services and DNS
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X