Member server showing AD site as "N/A"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member server showing AD site as "N/A"

I have a Windows 2008 R2 domain set up with 4 sites. The sites are HQ, and Remote1-3. I recently installed a new 2008 R2 member server, joined it to the domain, and noticed that when I run gpresult /r from the command line, it shows the site as "N/A".

In AD sites and services, I have all the sites properly linked, and have correct subnet info defined for each site. The server in question has an IP address that falls into a subnet defined for the HQ site.

I've checked a 2003 server and my Windows 7 computer which are both on the same subnet, and both of them show the proper site, "HQ".

I've rebooted the new 2008 server several times, tried manually refreshing group policy, but the site is still showing up as "N/A"

I'm using this server as a DFS target, so I need the site membership to be accurate.

Any thoughts?

Re: Member server showing AD site as "N/A"

probably not really relevant, but does the server exist in the corret Server OU ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Not really sure if this was the root problem, but I discovered that if I run the command prompt as administrator then the correct site displays, but if I don't, then the site shows as N/A. So I guess that must be what the problem was.

Comment

actually.. that's fair play.. there's quite a few DA/EA level commands, that won't run correctly, even if oyu;re logged in as administrator..
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
        X