Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raise domain Funcional Level Error

Hello guys,

Because of the upgrade to Exchange2010 I have to raise the domein Functional Level from 2000 to 2003, but I get an error.

In the 'save as'-log its telling me that PDP_VF is a domaincontroller, euch, it's a normal WinXP-machine !!

In AD I cannot find an entry where stated that PDP_VF is a domaincontroller, I even removed PDP_VF from AD and are still getting the error of that machine.

Any help out there please ?

Greetings,
    Jochen

Re: Raise domain Funcional Level Error

do a googlesearch for metadata cleanup, and go through that and make sure youdon't have any inappropriate DCs
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I already did a ntdsutil with metadata cleanup, but no PDP-VF in the list

ADSIedit doesn't tell me anything either

On the PDC and other domaincontrollers he's telling me that PDP_VF is a domaincontroller with unknown Windows-Version.
      Last edited by JochenAndries; 14th August 2011, 06:47.

Comment

Where are you seeing this -- can you delete the object?
        I'm surprised ADSIEdit doesnt show anything as normally the whole of AD is there (somewhere)
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          Where are you seeing this -- can you delete the object?
          I'm surprised ADSIEdit doesnt show anything as normally the whole of AD is there (somewhere)
          AD Users&Computers - RightClick DomainName and select 'Raise Domain Functional Level...'

Error:
          Domain name:
          plopsaland.local

Current domain functional level:
          Windows 2000 native

! You cannot raise the domain functional level because this domain includes domain
          ! controllers that are running the appropiate version of Windows.

Saved file :
          To update the domain functional level, the domain controllers in the domain must be running the appropriate version of windows.

Domain Name
          plopsaland.local

Current domain functional level
          Windows 2000 native

The following domain controllers are running earlier versions of windows:
          Domain Name Domain Controller Version of Windows
          plopsaland.local PDP_VF.plopsaland.local Unknown. The computer object may be damaged or missing.

Situation:
          PDP_VF is a normal PC, Windows XP
          The machine was (is) running as it should be, just a member of the domain. I removed the PC from the domain, deleted it AD and deleted in DNS.
          Still getting the error.

Did ntdsutil but no entry found for PDP_VF
          Did ADSIedit but no entry found for PDP_VF

Conclusion:
          I'm stuck

Comment

Have you seen this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/248047

The first link within that shows how to view deleted objects (which appear to have a different name from the original)
            A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

No solution

I'll try the most stupid way : install a server with that name, do a DCPROMO to be DomainController and do a second DCPROMO te remove it from being DomainController...

Comment

UPDATE :

I installed a Win2008R2 server in the domain as Domain Controller.

In AD Users & Computers, if you right-click the domain, you can choose : 'Choose DomainController', there I can see the machine with OS W2K but offcoarse, cannot connect to it.

I really need to force the removal of this entry

Comment

was Blood's link of any help ?
                  Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

nope, didn't help

Extra : The only place I found an entry was at the new DC I installed just to try and see (see last reply I made)
                    Last edited by JochenAndries; 16th August 2011, 17:03. Reason: extra info

Comment

Working...
                    X