Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DSADD command - Can it generate a logfile?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSADD command - Can it generate a logfile?

Hi

I'm in the process of setting up a new AD environment.

Using the DSADD utility to create AD users, i processed a list of about 600 users, of the 600 , 522 were created successfully.

I still have about 2500 users still to process so i would like to avoid having the same thing happen without a logfile to check and save myself loads of time.

Is there perhaps a switch i can include which generates a logfile so i can identify the users which failed to process correctly ?

Thanks in advance!

Re: DSADD command - Can it generate a logfile?

you could just pipe it out wit h>>log.txt
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      you could just pipe it out wit h>>log.txt
      The way i'm doing it , it will generate 2500 logfiles.
      I'm doing a concatenate in my excel file , copying the dsadd entries and dumping it into a cmd prompt to create the accounts.

There is more than likely an easier scripted method but my scripting knowledge is nothing to be admired.

The found the problem though, there were rogue spaces in the upn names for quite a few records.

Ran a "replace all" [_.] and voila...must verify the quality of my records in my excel sheet next time.

Thanks for the input though.

Comment

i'm doin the exact same thing at the moment, except with New-MailboxContact

the data I've been given is a bit dodgy.. although not 2500 records like yours
        things like eastern european characters, which Exch is just shtting itself at
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
        X