No announcement yet.

Burflag info needed

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burflag info needed

Hi all,

I am a little confused with Burflag in FRS. Iíve googled it up but things are getting complicated for me. What I can figure out is if FRS (sysvol/DFS) is corrupt then we can use this (Burflag) option to restore it (FRS) without going in DSRM. Is this correct?

For example -- If we have a server A and its ADC server B. FRS is not working here. Then can we configure Burflag on server A via registry as D4 and then restore the backup on server B (after configuring its registry as D2)?

Thank you all in advance

Re: Burflag info needed

I had a similar issue with it being slightly confusing. Think of D4 as a last resort and with D2 (non-authoritative restore) allowing you to stagger the approach to repairing SYSVOL one server at a time. You only need to apply D2 to the server you are repairing SYSVOL for. SYSVOL will obviously be out of commission for about 20 minutes (depending on speed)

How to rebuild the SYSVOL tree and its content in a domain

It states to set burflags at
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\NtFrs\Parameters\Cumulative Replica Sets\GUID

You can find the GUID of the Replica Set via
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\NtFrs\Parameters\Replica Sets\GUID
    --> Look for the title Domain System Volume (SYSVOL share) <--

Create a Registry entry here titled "Replica Set Parent" REG_SZ and set it to the partner you want to replicate from (with a good SYSVOL replica)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\NtFrs\Parameters\Sysvol Seeding

Restart NTFRS (net stop ntfrs && net start ntfrs)

I would probably also run ntfrsutl.exe forcerepl DestinationDC /r "Domain System Volume (SYSVOL share)" /p

Please make sure that all your replication issues aren't first stemming from something else. Because this will negate you configuring Burflags. For instance not having the correct folder structure or reparse points. Perhaps some other issues within AD like a deleted FRS Subscriber object or the like.

Recovering missing FRS objects and FRS attributes in Active Directory

Is it only Sysvol not replicating or are you having other AD issues?

As with all things proceed at your own risk and rep if it helps you
    GoogleFu is strong with this one ^