No announcement yet.

Can't Run adprep /rodcprep

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Run adprep /rodcprep

Hi there,

I have a windows AD domain with a 2k3 dc and a 2k8 dc. The 2k3 dc had all the fsmo roles so I built a new 2k8 dc and transferred all the roles to it. The idea is to raise the domain/forest functional level to 2008 and introduce a RODC.

I have tried a lot of diffrent things like dcdiag, dcdiag /q, this link and have had no luck running the rodcprep command. I keep getting the below error. Can you please help?

C:\>d:\sources\adprep\adprep /rodcprep
    Adprep connected to the domain FSMO:

================================================== ============================
    Adprep found partition DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=contoso,DC=com, and is
    about to update the permissions.

Adprep could not contact a replica for partition DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=contoso,DC=com.
    Adprep encountered an LDAP error.
    Error code: 0x0. Server extended error code: 0x0, Server error message: (null).

Adprep failed the operation on partition DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=contoso,DC=com. Skipping to next partition.

Adprep detected the operation on partition DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=contoso,DC=com has been performed.
    Skipping to next partition.

Adprep detected the operation on partition DC=contoso,DC=com has be
    en performed. Skipping to next partition.

Adprep completed with errors. Not all partitions are updated. See the ADPrep.log
    in the C:\Windows\debug\adprep\logs\20110708092513 directory for more informati
    To successfully update all partititions, the current logged on user needs to be
    a member of Enterprise Admins group. If that is not the case, please correct th
    e problem, and then restart Adprep.

Re: Can't Run adprep /rodcprep

Are you logging in with Enterprise Admin rights???

To update the Forest Schema you need to be an Enterprise Admin.