No announcement yet.

Disconnected mailbox and AD user

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnected mailbox and AD user

Hello all.

I have a quick question. I have a disconnected mailbox of 1 specific user. I want to Delete or Disable that user. (perferably delete) Because I need to re-create that user. If I do delete that user, does the disconnected mailbox go with it?

Re: Disconnected mailbox and AD user

the more important question here is, why do you need to delete and recreate the user object?

what are you trying to acheive ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Give us a clue which Exchange version you are using please
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Sorry for the late reply. We are having issues where we can see mail in the exchange system manager for that specific mailbox. But when we connect to that mailbox it does now show any mail. Customers are getting bouncebacks to that email.

By deleting the user and re-creating it, maybe that would fix it. I remember seeing the x400, mx, smtp address in the email properties of that user. But they were not there after we got the complaint.

Server 2003 SP2

Fixed. We had to remove all the references to this account, delete the associated mail queue and then recreate all the connections. Still dont know why or how this happened.