Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I have 2 AD on the same network or domain ????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I have 2 AD on the same network or domain ????

I'm thinking to have the second AD on the same network for development team. Is there any restrictions or special requirement. We are running 2ooo server, and we will soon update it to 2003. I tried to search on few sites but counldn't find any answer for that. Thank you.

No reason you cant have multiple domains, either as a tree or a forest

You will need a DC for each (obviously)

Why do you think you need more than one domain? the main reason is if you have different security (password) requirements -- if not you can probably get away with organisational units.

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

We run multiple forests on the same physical Lan\Wan no problems. Don't ask why it's a long story. An Administrators nightmare but it keeps us in work consolidating to a single forest

Comment

Yes for sure one domain will be the best. Please consider the trust relation ships. In 2000 you have to create them, but in 2003 transitive 2 way trust relation ships are created automatically
        Best regards,
        Mostafa Itani

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X