Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 2008, Grouping users in AD for folder permissions

Dear Experts,

I have Win 2008 Std 32 bit and active directory. My clients are Win 7 and Win XP users. I have a folder name projects in which all users have permissions to save files, now I want to implement policy so that nobody is allowed to delete any file from Projects but can create a folder and write/copy etc.

The users in AD are in OU's like design dept, management now I want to group such users so that on Projects folder I simply add that GROUP of users who are not allowed to delete any file instead of adding a user one by one from different OU's. Along with this 3/4 users I need to allow them to delete the files from Projects. How this can be done I want grouping because in this way I dont need to add name by name every time if on a folder I need restriction.

Thanks and awaiting your replies.

Regards,
    Wajeeh

Re: Win 2008, Grouping users in AD for folder permissions

Permissions are applied to groups, not OUsAFAIK there is no way to automatically grant group membership when a user is put into an OU
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X