Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD attribute EmployeeID not showing up in Outlook GAL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD attribute EmployeeID not showing up in Outlook GAL?

Hello all,

I am less at ADSIEDIT.MSC, but have a know-how!

I recently updated the attribute 'EmployeeID' for a number of users , however it does not showup in any of those user's outlook address book. Please look at the below

• The filed 'EmployeeID:' is available in every user's outlook address book (between 'City:' and 'Division:' fields)
    • I manually downloaded address book for each users from their outlook to see if the field is updated, in vain.

Google, all the way brings articles for how to create Employee ID attribute for first time and how to add it, but nothing to troubleshoot.

Appreciate some tips
    Insaf Muhammed
    System Admin
    -----------------
    Never break four things in life: TRUST, PROMISE, RELATIONS & HEART. Cause when they break they don't make noise but pains a lot

Re: AD attribute EmployeeID not showing up in Outlook GAL?

if you log on to Microosfgt Outlook Web Access and look at the Global Address List, is it up to date ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      if you log on to Microosfgt Outlook Web Access and look at the Global Address List, is it up to date ?
      I checked but it's not showing on OWA either! Even there's no field visible for it.
      Insaf Muhammed
      System Admin
      -----------------
      Never break four things in life: TRUST, PROMISE, RELATIONS & HEART. Cause when they break they don't make noise but pains a lot

Comment

i will take a look at a sever on monday see if i can see anything
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
          i will take a look at a sever on monday see if i can see anything
          Thank you and please be reminded to help!

Consider, the configuration option is available at ADSI and user's address book has the EmployeeID filed as well.. IT'S JUST NOT SHOWING!
          Insaf Muhammed
          System Admin
          -----------------

Comment

Is this a custom field you have added to the AD schema?
            WHich Exchange version (and while we are at it, which AD functional level)?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Insaf View Post
              Hello all,

I am less at ADSIEDIT.MSC, but have a know-how!

I recently updated the attribute 'EmployeeID' for a number of users , however it does not showup in any of those user's outlook address book. Please look at the below

• The filed 'EmployeeID:' is available in every user's outlook address book (between 'City:' and 'Division:' fields)
              • I manually downloaded address book for each users from their outlook to see if the field is updated, in vain.
              Google, all the way brings articles for how to create Employee ID attribute for first time and how to add it, but nothing to troubleshoot.

Appreciate some tips
              How did you set it up in the first place?
              See if this helps: http://msexchangegeek.com/2010/05/06...-exchange-gal/
              Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
              X