Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dsadd and dsget

Hi

Please can someone help me create some basic scripts to do the following within AD;

To do the following ideally via a simple GUI form / face template

:Add one or many users to any given OU Group within AD from a text file or spreadsheet

:Remove one or many users to any given OU Group within AD from a text file or spreadsheet

:Ideally output additional user attribute details to include department, location and last login time to spreadsheet file

isplay last login time for any particular user or number of users in any given OU group or just one specific OU group. Again from a text file or spreadsheet

Key
    AD= Active Directory
    OU= Organisation Unit For Example marketing team

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
    Andy

Re: dsadd and dsget

hi mate,

what do you have so far ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Yes, show us your scripts in their present state and briefly describe the problems with them and maybe we can help you.

If you haven't already, a good place to start would be to run the relevant commands at a Command Prompt suffixing them with /? to see their usage syntax.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Hi guys

I dont have much so far. I need some help to write basic scripts in order to undertake the functions described earlier.

Does anyone have sample scripts I can use? I have used the help /? suffix but I am struggling with that

Thanks
        Andy

Comment

http://ss64.com/nt/for_f.html

will tell you how to loop through a text file and perform some operation incorporating each line of text.
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

you'll find plenty of samples already on the internet...
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
            X