AD user doesn't appear in Server Management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD user doesn't appear in Server Management

I have a user that I disabled. He came in and plugged in his laptop with my permission. He received an error saying he was disabled.

So, I went into the Server Management Snapin the reenable. His user isn't there. When I try to re-add, I get an error saying the user already exists.

When I go to AD Users and open the domain users, he is a member there.

This has left him unable to login to his normal user on his laptop.

Not an IT guy here - but am the one responsible.

I search for a solution. My search parameters are prob not right as I didn't find anything. Thus my post here.

Any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.

Re: AD user doesn't appear in Server Management

So much information provided...

Please give us all of the information we are likely to need to help you.

We don't know what you're running on your server for instance. Your mention of Server Manager suggests SBS, but there are multiple versions and editions of that out there.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I figured it out right after the post. To answer your question, it is SBS. It is the DNS, Sequel Server, Terminal Server.

Anyway, I found the disable option buried in the user profile. I could only get at the profile via AD/Users/Domain Users/Members/select member profile/account/account options/ scrolled down and unchecked the option.

Easy, if you know where it is. Still don't know why the user didn't show up in the Server Management/Users. He does now that he is reactivated.

Sorry for the bother. Hopefully someone else will be able to find this.

Although......someone else might have know better than I.

Thanks for the bother and for a great forum with quick response.

Comment

Thanks for posting back. To help people who may have this problem in future, which version of SBS does this apply to?

I'd strongly advise that you look into moving Terminal Services off the SBS server and onto a dedicated server as soon as possible for security reasons.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

SBS 2003 R2.

The only thing I can figure is that when the user tried to log in while he was disabled, that the account was removed from the snapin.

All better now.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X