• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset user password page

Hello.

I'm running Windows server 2008 r2 x64.
    Clients are running windows 7.

Im looking for a simple feature where teachers who are trusted user, can access a webpage (from the internal network only) and RESET student passwords. The students should then get a temporary one time use password which they can change at next login.

The techers and the students are on seperate networks so its okey if the page lacks in some security aspects as long as it works.

Have you seen anything similar to this that I can use?

Best regards
    Chris

-- I made a misstake posting it in this section, probobaly would have been better in the AD section. I dont know how to move it so I hope an administrator can do it. Sorry
    Last edited by Chrisdo; 4th April 2011, 13:24. Reason: Wrong section

Re: Reset user password page

http://www.scriptinganswers.com/foru...s.asp?TID=1474 should do what you want

Thread moved
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It had a look at the applications and it seemed promising at first but it requires me to remove all UAC control and that seems a bit overkill.

But it was exactly was I was looking for otherwise so any other tips is much appritiated.

Comment

OK, you didnt specify OS (client or server) or AD functional level (I assume it is AD?)

Give us a few more clues about your network and maybe something will pop up
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Im running Windows server 2008 R2 64-bit. Functional level is 2008.

The techers are on a seperate network than the students. From the techers network I will allow certain IP addresses to access a webpage where they can login (to confirm they are a techer and not a student who stole the PC) and RESET the passwords of students by clicking a button.

I could accept a solution that uses some kind of trigger on the server aswell. I mean it doesnt have to do everything on the website. But Im not really sure how to configure triggers in a good way so I could use some pointers then.

I'm just looking for a solution that doesnt require and administrator to reset password all day but instead using the help of the techers. A simple password reset

Comment

Working...
          X