Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy GroupPolicys between domains

Hey

I have installed an ActiveDirectory test enviorment, and now im in the process of moving the structure with some modifications to a live server. Since I have created a lot of policies it would be nice to be able to just copy that structure to the new domain. The domains have different name and no trust exists between them, so i noticed that im not able to just copy it. Are there any easy way to just backup and restore it on the new domain without having to change a lot of references in the files?

Re: Copy GroupPolicys between domains

First you have to set up a trust between your test and production forests.
    In order to copy or migrate GPO from on domain to another, migration table should be used to update references.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...66(WS.10).aspx

Br,
    Csaba
    Regards,
    Csaba Papp
    MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
    Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Thanks!

But, if I dont have any trust, and the domains that I want to reuse the policys from, are there any other way than to copy it?

Comment

Right click on the Gpo and use the Backup/Restore functions.
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thank you! =) Backup, then created a policy in the new domain and used import to that policy. Worked!

Comment

Working...
          X