No announcement yet.

Active Directory Users

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory Users

hi experts, on an AD enviroment, Is there a way to monitor AD users who are downloading movies from the internet? or is it possible to monitor user activity in AD?
    Thank you.

Re: Active Directory Users

well, if you just b want to stop people downloading from the internet, block all outbound traffic, ensure people only use port 80/443 through a proxy.

that essentially completely removes the ability to use torrents, at the same time, generates a record of what people are doing.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

It's not possible to do this using AD - this is not what AD is for.

As tehcamel suggests, implement a proxy and enforce its use to both restrict what users can access, as well as monitoring activity.

Any actions you take to record or restrict the activities of your staff must be approved by management/HR/legal as appropriate and form part of your company's IT policy before proceeding. This is especially important if you are going to log web activity, since if not done appropriately this would constitute a breach of privacy.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

thanks for your ideas