Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help required in managing printers in server 2003 and windows 7

Hi

At the moment, our organisation has server 2003 with xp. Printing is done through Kixtart print scripting. We are planning to move to Win 7 on the workstation side, and keep server 2003 for a while.

In our test environment, we are getting errors. when a user logs on, the printing script does not work. Can anyone suggest which would be the best possible way to handle this. The printers are not connecting as it does with xp workstations. Are there any free utilities to achieve this

Thankyou

Prince

Re: help required in managing printers in server 2003 and windows 7

Maybe you could actually tell us what the errors you get are.

As for free utilities... Group Policy springs to mind?

Naturally the question is: what have you tried so far and what utilities have you looked at?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: help required in managing printers in server 2003 and windows 7

Can you post the script? Have you got a print server setup or are you just using the script to connect to printer directly and install drivers? Have you amended the drivers for win7?
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
      X