Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preventing administrator access domain coputers

hello..

How can I prevent the administrator domain from access the domain computers..
    some people are sick from joining to the domain, because we can access thier data. so i want to prevent the administrator to get access for any computer joined to my domain.

Re: Preventing administrator access domain coputers

well, if they don't want the administrator of the domain administering the domain )and thus having access to data) then why join the domain ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Well, I thought I heard it all before..
      This is like taking the car to the repair garage and refusing to hand the keys over
      Not quite sure of your setup and policies in there but the way I see it is No access, No support.
      Amongst other things that I can sense are wrong with that place, should they save the data locally anyway? If so couldn't the just encrypt the sensitive data?
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

If you do not trust your administrator, get rid of them.
        If you do, you have to allow them access to files -- they can get it anyway. Audit if needed.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I dont necessarily think it';s that the OP doesn't trust his administrator, it that people are being made to join the domain, and they don't trust the administrator.

I'd be incredibly hesitant to join my personal laptop to anyone else's domain.
          However, at th back of my mind is just the thought of "really? I've got too much shit to do, so why on earth would an administrator have time to go through my files?"
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

ok...
            I really appreciate your comments...but....

I need to join around 2000 pc to my domain. why???
            I installed SCCM, and wsus.. so need to join them to domain.
            I will apply GPO to manage all computers and applications.
            and alot of things need to apply...so i need the domain.

my environment is university..about students..everything under control..
            about the employees..the staff also controled...but academic No control yet
            and all of time complains...afraid from access thier data ( Exams and Private Pix).

Comment

if you are joining computers the university owns, to the domain the university owns, who gives a damn what the people who use the computers are concerned about?

Comment

WSUS can be used in non-domain computers -- there is a registry hack for it:
                http://thelazyadmin.com/blogs/thelaz...Directory.aspx

But I think you need some management buy-in to enforce IT policies rather than letting academics do what they want
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

School owned computers should be joined to the domain. Student owned computers should not.

Comment

Working...
                  X