Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orgnizational Unit Design? Help

Hi Guys,

Currenly, I'm on a process of restracture the complete network infrastracture as well as the Active Directory. I've created OU Design for our Departments, users, computers and servers.

In addition, there will be a website hosted on this domain as well as other branches also. Do u recommend me to add those branches in the Active Directory also?

I've attached the Diagram on MS-Visio as well as .jpeg. Please have a look on it and advice.

Thanks,

Habibalby
    Attached Files
    ================================
    HND: Higher National Diploma in
    Computer Science(IT)

Passed:
    MCSA+Security 2003, VCP3, VCP4
    Done:VMware DSA
    ================================[/COLOR]

Re: Orgnizational Unit Design? Help

You know, from this it is impossible to tell if your design makes sense or not. At first glance, you seem to have quite a lot of them. Can you tell us _why_ you created these OU's?

Comment

Offcourse, I've made them to work on the implementation very easy and workable. Regarding the Department's OU, Each Dept OU will contains the employees who are working in particular department, as well as the Groups each department will be having it's own group that contains the members of that department. The Extranel OU's are for the other branches, once they connected through VPN to our Private Network, they have to access to the Domain, and thier computers or servers will be placed in External OU.

The Servers and Computers Infrastracture, will be for each member server that associated in the domain.

Any suggestion or recommendation?

Thanks,

habibalby
      Computer Science(IT)

Passed:

Comment

It all seems a little cluttered to me.

Too many OU's

Why not have an ou per site then split the site into relevant groups.

As for Computer ou's i would move them ll to computer groups within the site ou.

Without actually knowing the structuer of the company then there is no real way for us to tell if it's ok. Can you post a description of the setup within the company??

Comment

Originally posted by habibalby
          Offcourse, I've made them to work on the implementation very easy and workable. Regarding the Department's OU, Each Dept OU will contains the employees who are working in particular department, as well as the Groups each department will be having it's own group that contains the members of that department. The Extranel OU's are for the other branches, once they connected through VPN to our Private Network, they have to access to the Domain, and thier computers or servers will be placed in External OU.
          The point is was trying to make is that you create OU's for a reason, not just to make it look good. From what you are telling me now I'm starting to doubt that you have thought this through. The primary reasons for creating OU's are:

1. for delegation of control
          2. for application of GPO's.

All the rest is just needless complication, and as all good sysadmins know: complication is the enemy!

Comment

Hi,

What I want to do is, having all the Dept's P.C's into the approperait OU. Then for each OU will be having GPO to with diferent cerdintial.

What is the Best to do that ?

Could u show me by diagram ?

Thanks,
            Computer Science(IT)

Passed:

Comment

> having all the Dept's P.C's into the approperait OU.

Ok, so that means on OU per location for computers only. That is not quite what you have drawn

> Then for each OU will be having GPO to with diferent cerdintial.

That's not quite english, but it sounds like different password policies per OU? Correct me if I'm wrong. In that case, you are out of luck. You can only set the password policy on the domain level. If you put it on OU level it will not do what you expect.

Comment

Working...
              X