No announcement yet.

How to add external email address to Delivery Restrictions

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add external email address to Delivery Restrictions

Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP2 with Exchange 2003

We have a subset of users on the above server setup. Their AD profiles have strict email delivery restrictions. They can only get email from 2 internal groups. This is blocked in their profile via Exchange General -> Delivery Restrictions -> Only From... the 2 groups.

They now require to be able to receive emails from one particular external email address. The emails will be unique to each person. Currently the only way I can think of to get around this would be to create an internal alias / contact in AD and manually add that to everyone's profile. Very tedious.

Does anyone know of an easier way to do this, or at the least mass-add an email address to the Only From box? Yes, so far Google hasn't told me squat, but I may not be using the correct terminology.

For the time being we added the contact in AD, added it to a distribution list (and made sure no one could SEND to the list), and then added that DL to the Only From... list.
    Last edited by Wired; 9th March 2011, 02:33.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: How to add external email address to Delivery Restrictions

Have you looked into ADModify.Net tool, of if you can install powershell and questad commandlets then i can write up a small code that can modify that particular attribute for all x no. of users.
    Thanks & Regards

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
    Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
    Independent IT Consultant and Architect

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points