Workplacement Staff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workplacement Staff

Up until recently we were using Novell as our server OS and so any work placements that came in, usually with their own laptop, and were members of their educational institution domain just had the Novell client installed alongside and then had access to the relevant resources.

We have recently migrated to a new file server running Windows 2003 and set up our own domain to which all the PCs have joined.

My question is this:

When we get work placements in now do we have to unjoin them from their original domain and then join to ours or can they be members of more than one domain. For obvious reasons the domains in question never have visibility of each other.

Re: Workplacement Staff

In AD, a computer object can be part of only one security boundary (forest), hence you will have to unjoin the new computers from their old domain and join to your AD domain.
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Just a thought but i have seen computers before that have multiple domains to log into when pressing CTRL ALT + DEL. Is this pointing to a way of doing it?
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by tonyyeb
        Just a thought but i have seen computers before that have multiple domains to log into when pressing CTRL ALT + DEL. Is this pointing to a way of doing it?
        are those not just domains that are in the same forest and/or have a trust set-up?

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Don't know. Thats why my post was formed as a question rather than a statement
          Server 2000 MCP
          Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

Comment

I think it is

In my last job when we migrated from NT to 2003 we could log onto either domain. We created a new domain and migrated accounts rahter than upgrading the domain.

Michael
            Michael Armstrong
            www.m80arm.co.uk
            MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

Comment

Okily dokeily!
              Server 2000 MCP

Comment

Working...
              X