X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to create a web login to the domain

Hello 2 u all,
    \The problem:
    I am having a problem where a new application was introduced in my infrastructure, which is based on active directory win2k3 domain users.
    The application owner wants to integrate the login name with an ldap provider, literally our domain controller.
    When we create a new user we give a default initial pass, which needs to be changed upon first login. This new app. does not support a password change form.
    \The question:
    I wanted to know if any one heard of a web portal, which can be implemented for the use of changing a password in Active directory. This way I can let the new users change their pass prior loging into the new App. servers.

thanks,
    Igal

Re: how to create a web login to the domain

does the user not log on to a domain workstation prior to starting the application? this would prompt him/her to change the password and all would be good.

have you tried outlook web access (owa)?
    under options -> change password one can change the domain user password. this works for exchange 2010. not sure about previous versions, though.

have a look at this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297121/EN-US/

Comment

Many options here:
      http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy...x=1&fp=1&cad=b

But have to say I agree with sunseeker
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The answer to sunseeker11 is NO, the users are usually work under a diferrent domain.

I have found the solution, see KB 555071 in Microsoft, which explains how to setup an iis with a domain password change prompt.

and it works Great..

Comment

Thanks for posting back
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X