No announcement yet.

Move users based on sn

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move users based on sn

OK, so I need some help with the following. My test account has a name of Expire T3st. I want to set the password expiration to not expire for 90 days (policy) so that it appears that the account just had it's password reset. I created the following in a bat file, but I get the message:
    C:\Users\me>dsquery user -name "*T3s*" -limit 0 | dsmod user "pwdLastSet=-1"
    dsmod failed: pwdLastSet=-1:No superior reference has been configured for the directory service. The directory service is therefore unable to issue referrals to
    objects outside this forest.
    type dsmod /? for help.

dsquery user -name "*T3s*" -limit 0 | dsmod user "pwdLastSet=-1"
    Last edited by acremeans2326; 25th January 2011, 07:50. Reason: Better wording for question

Re: Help with Password

what version of Server OS are you on?
    Thanks & Regards

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
    Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
    Independent IT Consultant and Architect

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Re: Help with Password

Does each part of the query work on its own (i.e. if you supply a cn, does the password change work -- I assume the query does without problems)?
      Last edited by Ossian; 25th January 2011, 18:12.
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **