Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD sites

Hi
    I am new to AD Environment, i saw hub sites, DR sites, Satellite sites in AD users and computer, under Domain Controllers,

Can any one help me to understand then better

Re: Ad sites

Ask the person who set up your infrastructure for your specifics

In general:
    Hub Site -- central point where Satellite sites can connect to
    Satellite Site -- see above
    DR Site -- "Disaster Recovery", normally at a 3rd party datacentre
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Ad sites

in basic terminology, an AD 'site' is a set of computers that are grouped together, normally physically located very closely and have a boundry of a "slow" network link.

for instance, you might have a physical location of your head office, where you have 15 servers. THis might be site "HO"

then, across a 10Mb wan link, you might have "datacentre" site, another 15 servrs, all located together in a single location.

it can get more confusing, where by you can have say, another site, physically separate from the HeadOffice Site, call it RemoteOffice
      which is connected by a 4Mb link.
      you COULD make this a separate site, but then you could also make it part of the "HO" site
      it really depends on who laid out your interconnects, and why.
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
      X