No announcement yet.

"Additional Log on Information May Be Required" Message??

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Additional Log on Information May Be Required" Message??

Hi all,

I got a weird one that I cannot, for the life of me, figure out. Hopefully, this is the right sub-forum because I don't even know where this error comes from... See the attached screenshot. That is the message I get every single time I turn on my laptop and login.

This is all on a recently installed Server 2008 R2 Active Directory domain using Exchange 2010 and ForeFront TMG Enterprise 2010 as a gateway/proxy.

Now, every single PC (nearly 300) on my LAN is XP SP3. NONE of them generate this message. My laptop is Windows 7 x64. It does generate this message. In addition, I have brought in a few PCs to fix running Windows 7. All of those generate this same message. So the one thing I'm pretty sure of is that it is exclusive to Windows 7 PCs on my LAN.

HUH??!! What is that??!! LOL! Damned if I can figure that one out...

The weird thing is that if I do "click to open your browser", it simply opens a tab in the browser and does nothing... Furthermore, despite the yellow symbol and the message, everything works fine. I have no network connection problems.

Also, this message appears when I am connected to the LAN via wire. I do not know if it would appear wirelessly, since I don't use wireless at work.

What is this and what can I do about it? In 6 months, I will be rolling out Windows 7 organization-wide, and the last thing I need is for people to be perpetually getting this...

Attached Files

Re: "Additional Log on Information May Be Required" Message??

it looks to me like a wireless network connection requires additional authentication - like a public wifi spot where you then need to go and put details in

does your network have any sort of network-layer authentication in place, like dot1x or whatevder it's called ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: "Additional Log on Information May Be Required" Message??

Thanks for the reply!

That can't be it, unfortunately... When I go to work, I leave the wireless connection disabled via the laptop's switch. I connect with wire 99.9% of the time.

At home, or when on the road is the only time I use wireless. And I've never received this message at any time other than when wired at work.