how to always run program as administrator under domeain user

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to always run program as administrator under domeain user

One of my domain user application required admin privilege always I have to run as administrator
    to this application is there any way to mark this application run as always admin privilege
    no need to again and again type admin user id and password
    I donít want to allow this user to be members of administrator
    Any idea ?

Re: how to always run program as administrator under domeain user

what is the application in question ?

and the OS in question ? these things may make a difference
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Your question implies that the user does know the Administrator's password, because he has to type it in each time, which means he has the ability promote his user account to be a member of the Administrators security group. Are you concerned about that?

However, if you trust the user, you can use a program called sanur (search for that to get a download). Although support for sanur has ceased, it could be useful for what you want to do. (My own personal warning is: Beware of having the Administrator's password kept in plain text in any circumstance.)

Once you have the command line working for the "runas" with "sanur" which provides the password, make a shortcut to that command and, to keep things nice, change the shortcut's icon to look like the application in question. A double click on that icon will then launch it but runas Administrator.
      Best wishes,
      PaulH.
      MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Hi
        OS is XP pro
        and application is teleeye Wx30 " CCTV monitoring application"

user dont have admin password
        i run the application daily with Rus as command after restart the domain user
        i have to again run this application with admin

Comment

i download the sanur and will let you know

Comment

Working...
          X