Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set Logon Server

Hye there,

We've did a infra restructure in AD invironment where we move to regional Domain controller form previous branches domain controller.

All the DNS,DHCP in between regional DC and domain member at branch server including client pc are work well except for the logon server.

The scenario is we have primary DC in HQ and we recently add a domain controller at regional office(so all branch servers and pc are going to talk to regional DC(primary DNS)). The issue is logon server at branch server and pc are connected to our primary DC at HQ which's we set the server as secondary DNS not in regional DCHye there,

We've did a infra restructure in AD invironment where we move to regional Domain controller form previous branches domain controller.

All the DNS,DHCP in between regional DC and domain member at branch server including client pc are work well except for the logon server.

The scenario is we have primary DC in HQ and we recently add a domain controller at regional office(so all branch servers and pc are going to talk to regional DC(primary DNS)). The issue is logon server at branch server and pc are connected to our primary DC at HQ which's we set the server as secondary DNS not in regional DC primary DNS.

We already set the branch server and pc at Local area network(TCP/IP) DNS setting primary ot regional and secondary to HQ.

We also set at AD site and service where the subnet of branches is going to regional site and for ur infomation se set the priority and weight in DNS are all same. The port that required are all open.

But when i run command set l at branch server or pc there all go to the HQ DC. So, I need a suggestions from u guys... or there is a way i force the authentication to regional DC..?

Thanks in advance
    primary DNS.

We already set the branch server and pc at Local area network(TCP/IP) DNS setting primary ot regional and secondary to HQ.

We also set at AD site and service where the subnet of branches is going to regional site and for ur infomation se set the priority and weight in DNS are all same. The port that required are all open.

But when i run command set l at branch server or pc there all go to the HQ DC. So, I need a suggestions from u guys... or there is a way i force the authentication to regional DC..?

Thanks in advance

Re: Set Logon Server

Hi,

can you use nltest on the client machines in the regional area and check what site they are being connected to.

use set L cmd to find what is the current logon server

on TCP/IP only specifcy regional dns server.

regional dns would be able to talk to HQ DNS for name resolution
    Thanks & Regards
    v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
    Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
    Independent IT Consultant and Architect
    Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Hye v-2nas,

I've run the nltest /dcgetsite and it belong too the right site. Where it belong too regional site.

And i've set the TCP/IP too the regional DNS only..

the result of set L the logon server is still go to the HQ DC..

I've tried running the 'dcdiag' at the regional DC and it's appear an error:-

1) Unable to connect to the NETLOGON share! (\\XXXXX|netlogon)
      [XXXXXXXXX] An net use or LsaPolicy operation failed with error 1203, No network provider accepted the given network path..
      ......................... XXXXXXXXX failed test NetLogons

2) Starting test: Advertising
      Warning: DsGetDcName returned information for \\regionaldc..fqdn when we were trying to reach XXXXXXXXXX.
      Server is not responding or is not considered suitable.
      ......................... XXXXXXXXX failed test Advertising

3) Starting test: frsevent
      There are warning or error events within the last 24 hours after the
      SYSVOL has been shared. Failing SYSVOL replication problems may cause
      Group Policy problems.
      ......................... XXXXXXXXX failed test frseventStarting test: frsevent

Is it related to my problem here..??

TQ mate...

Comment

Hi,

Can you run these test from regional dc to hq dc.
        use netdiag /fix, dcdiag /fix.

How your dns is configured to do name resolution for hq site computers.

Upload the reports as txt/log files
        Thanks & Regards
        v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
        Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
        Independent IT Consultant and Architect
        Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Working...
        X