Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

copy attributes for multiple users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • copy attributes for multiple users

    Hi

    another question ,

    is there any way to copy the logon name attribute to the pager attribute ?
    i need to do it for 100 users

    thanks

  • #2
    Re: copy attributes for multiple users

    Not sure if this would work but try using ADModify and using the %USERNAME% variable in the pager attribute.

    Please note that i have not trie it so would be best to try on one user prior to rolling it out to many.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: copy attributes for multiple users

      Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
      Not sure if this would work but try using ADModify and using the %USERNAME% variable in the pager attribute.

      Please note that i have not trie it so would be best to try on one user prior to rolling it out to many.
      I use ADmodify to change attributes for multiple users. The GUI version is easier to use. You can download it here:

      http://admodify.codeplex.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: copy attributes for multiple users

        Originally posted by scurlaruntings View Post
        I use ADmodify to change attributes for multiple users. The GUI version is easier to use. You can download it here:

        http://admodify.codeplex.com/
        Yep same here.

        Just tried it on my own user account and it didn't work.
        Last edited by wullieb1; 8th December 2010, 21:25.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: copy attributes for multiple users

          Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
          Yep same here.

          Just tried it on my own user account and it didn't work.
          Odd as i was just using that utility today with no issues whatsoever. Has been a lifesaver many time in Exchange migrations.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: copy attributes for multiple users

            Originally posted by scurlaruntings View Post
            Odd as i was just using that utility today with no issues whatsoever. Has been a lifesaver many time in Exchange migrations.
            I used the varialble %username% but it needs to be %'sAMAccountName'% for it to pick up the users username.

            Tested on my account and works perfectly.

            Apparently youo need to use the AD variable for making the changes.

            %username% equates to %'sAMAccountName'%

            As they say everyday is a school day

            Comment

            Working...
            X