RDP with Active Directory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDP with Active Directory

I have a Windows 2003 Server (SP2) and Users are set up in Active directory with a logon on restriction to a specific PC.

I use RDP to log onto the Server and then RDP again to log onto individual PCs. If I log onto the PC as Administrator all is well. If I log on as the User I am advised that I cannot logon to this PC.

How do I allow RDP with the local access restriction I have set in AD?

Thanks.

John

Re: RDP with Active Directory

Hi,

First of all i am trying to understand how have you set this up. Have you added users to the "select remote users"

are you doing this via some gpo ?? (which one)

if not then try adding the user to "select remote users" and then try
    Thanks & Regards
    v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
    Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
    Independent IT Consultant and Architect
    Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

So does the user have the right to log on locally to the PC?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        So does the user have the right to log on locally to the PC?
        What I am trying to achieve is to limit a User to a specific PC, which I can do but allow RDP access to any PC on the Network without the need to add a remote user to each PC which needs to be accessed. RDP might be used from another local PC on the network or via Remote Access to the Network.

Comment

I don't think you can do that, as the users own settings (limit logon) will override anything in AD.

You would need to get very fancy with "logon locally" and "logon remotely" user rights to achieve what you need
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X