Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to find all logins to server from one day

Hope this is the correct forum group to post this,

I need to find all logins to one server from a specifc date and time, anyone know of any tools to do this?

I could go to the event log>security and sit thier and count all day the number of logins and logouts, but who has time, looking for a quick easy solution. I alos did parse the date by date and time. i need more of a report i can show..

server is a win2k3 OS SP2

Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by jknipper; 16th November 2010, 15:51.

Re: Need to find all logins to server from one day

QUick and dirty -- export the log to CSV, bring it into Excel, and use some summary functions (or possibly cross-tab it)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Need to find all logins to server from one day

Hi,

Requires PowerShell

Get-EventLog -LogName Security -computer $server | Where-Object {$_.EventID -eq 502}

This will return all the events 502 from sec log, Just replace with the correct event
      you can export to csv

Get-EventLog -LogName Security -computer $server | Where-Object {$_.EventID -eq 502} | export-csv -path c:\logon.csv

You can further get custom results using select-object and then only selecting the columns you need
      Thanks & Regards
      v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
      Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
      Independent IT Consultant and Architect
      Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Working...
      X