Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLD naming for AD and SSL issues

Hi,

I have inherited a 2003 AD domain and we are currently adding a 2008 server and exchange 2010.

I have come to renew the SSL certificate for webmail / autodiscover etc and found that i am unable to do so as my internal FQDN is .internal rather than .local. previously been fine as we have exchange 2003 and only need a single external domain ssl cert.

comodo have refused to issue the certificate on the basis that they only cover the following :-

"The following internal use TLD's referenced in RFC2606 , and comments to the same:
    .test
    .example
    .invalid
    .localhost
    .local
    .lan
    .priv
    .localdomain

Any other unreserved TLD domain names included on a certificate request will be reviewed on a case by case basis, but in all likelihood will be rejected."

i believe the domain is configured .internal due to some old macs that have been used in the past.

im wondering what my options are, are there any other SSL providers that will issue for .internal or do i need to rebuild AD on a new box?

it seems daft they would issue .test and .example but not .internal

thanks for the help
    Last edited by mordzy; 15th November 2010, 20:01.

Re: TLD naming for AD and SSL issues

Try GoDaddy -- last time I bought one they had no restrictions.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

thanks ill try that.

i thought the .internal was a pretty common alternative to .local especially when macs are involved. seems odd really.

Comment

.corp is fairly widely used also
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X