No announcement yet.

New Domain

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Domain

I just wonder if someone has any idea about designing a new small active directory domain. The reason that i ask is that for a time ago i created a domain, but something went wrong. I managed to fix this but wonder how to do next time.

The company has a external website, lets call it
    . I named the domain to Everything worked fine until the first user tried to reach the external website. My idea was to solve this to put a record in the dns to point to the ipadress for the Isp, but that did not work. So i solved this by demote the domaincontroller and then run a dcpromo again, and name the domain to That did work fine.
    But when a user logs on now they have the AD in the field of domain to use. I have seen on another company that they have a similar naming ( But they have only companyname in the logonbox, no AD. Does somebody has any idea how they solved this?

Re: New Domain

you would have to name your domain AD.Company.Com rather than
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: New Domain

Basically that's the netbios name of your domain this option come when you promote the server to a DC. Since you have already promoted and named your DC netbios name, you can't undo it
      Thanks & Regards

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
      Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
      Independent IT Consultant and Architect

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points