Domain Users Cannot Run Some Applications On The Client Pcs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Users Cannot Run Some Applications On The Client Pcs

Hi,I've created some accounts in AD, one with administrative rights, and theothers as domain users. In the clients PC is an application that can't beran by the domain users. I receive the following error message:Access denied.Source: clsRegistryHandlerI guess I have to somehow give the domain users (or even the application)the right to change the registry. But how? In the client PCs or in theserver?Are the users groups from Win XP not available when using a domain?? I'vesearched if I could give "restricted user" or "advanced user" rights to theclients from AD or a GPO but didn't find anything. I don't know if itspossible... If it is, how? If not, how to give a user the equivalent rightsas an advanced/restricted user from AD/Group Policy?Note: The server is Windows 2003 Standard and the clients, Win XP Pro.I'll greatly appreciate any help...

Re: Domain Users Cannot Run Some Applications On The Client Pcs

try giving them local "power user" rights (add domain users to the local power users group)

if that fails, then find the correct registry hive/key and give domain users r/w access.

once you've worked out how to do it, you may need to push it out via policy or something

if you're not sure which key it is, use regmon - it'll show you what's happening
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

how can i assain local power user rights to domain client userkindly explain

Comment

using "computer management" on the workstation, add "domain users" to the group "Power Users"

If this doesn't provide enough information, you should be able to find more on how to do this on google.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
        X