Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD Sync

Hi all,

Does anyone know a tool to sync ad accounts (with passwords) between 2 on-premises AD servers?

Are they in the same domain/ forest?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ossian,

No different.

Comment

Can you please explain what you are trying to do / why you need to do it, and maybe we can help a bit. I know of no standard tools to do what you want as inter-domain logins are normally handled by trusts.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ok, we have a ActiveDirecory called example.com our customer has a AD called testing.com, in the testing.com domain there is a OU with users in it.
          What we want is to synchronize the users (and passwords) of the user accounts to a specific OU in the example domain.
          It is possible to create a VPN between the sites.

Comment

if i am understanding you correctly, then it sounds like your needing an MIM instance...
            https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mic...y-manager-2016

granted, its been a while since i have had the need for this type server, but when i did, i used MIIS to sync the GAL between 2 different sites to have one large city directory (i worked for local government at the time, probably a thread here about it circa 2006 or 2007). it also allowed for accounts created for new hires to come log into the desktops at our office without us having to create accounts...

its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
            Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Working...
            X